Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes With Coconut Flour

I got some coconut flour to review. I've had problems replacing all recipes with it. Some food just turn out too dense. I love that when I use it, less sweetener is needed for the foods to taste good. Coconut has natural sweetener in it. What to do to make foods less dense? I just use part all purpose or whole wheat flour and the other part coconut flour. This works great! 1 Organic Coconut Flour - 2.2 lbs.


This morning I made Blueberry Pancakes. A basic recipe of Crepes worked great. Than I added my own modifications. *Remember Coconut Flour makes recipes more dense.

In a bowl combine 2 beaten eggs, 1 1/2 cups almond milk, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir well! Then I spooned it onto a cooking platter and plopped in some blueberries. My kids and I loved them! I always add blueberries separate from the batter because my husband likes his pancakes plain. He liked his to! 32-oz. - Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - 1 quart



If you order either of the things above, through the links provided you can get a free coconut oil recipe book with your order!

1 comment:

  1. I love the coconut oil from TT. Haven't tried the flour yet. Blueberry pancakes sound really good though.

    ReplyDelete