Saturday, January 28, 2012

This Morning We Drank Spinach Apple Juice

I've been trying to figure out ways to get our boys to eat veggies, even at breakfast time. ;) They are pretty good eaters. It is hard to convince them that veggies can be eaten for breakfast.

This morning I made what I called, "Shrek Juice." It was 2 apples (Granny Smith are sweeter and taste better with this juice, but use whatever kind you have.) Add 1 bag or 1 clump of washed spinach. I always make our juice in a glass 4 cup measuring cup, so I can see how much I'm making. This recipe made about 3 cups and I topped it off with 1 cup of water. 4 cups is a great amount for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids.

Both kids sucked this juice down like there were no veggies in it.


1 comment:

  1. spinach?!! really? hmm...but if you say it's good, guess I believe you :) will try it soon!

    ReplyDelete