Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Pie

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Grease a glass pie dish. I use olive oil spray.
  3. Cook the onion, and brown the meat. My husband prefers Italian Sausage. I only cook 3 links. If you prefer a less fatty meat go with ground turkey. I only cook 1/2 a package.
  4. Cook 1/2 a spaghetti squash. It doesn't have to be cooked all the way because it will be in the oven longer. Drain very well.
  5. Add the spaghetti squash to the pie dish, mix in the parmesan cheese and eggs. Cook for 10 or 15 minutes. Cook enough to cook the egg.
  6. Spread on the can of tomato paste. Season it with Italian seasonings and add 1/2 can of water to the sauce.
  7. Spread on cottage cheese.
  8. Add the meat. I sometimes add garlic too.
  9. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese.
  10. Cook until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment