Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Healthier Burger

It's me Alissa here. I love cheese burgers! I never really craved them too much until my oldest was born close to 5 years ago.

I actually mixed in oatmeal into the hamburger. If you want less texture, you can use a mini food chopper to grind up the oatmeal up before adding it to the meat.

I also added chopped green onion, tomatoes, garlic, feta cheese and a dash of worceshire sauce.

The burger had wonderful flavor! There really wasn't that much feta cheese in the mix. I didn't add additional cheese on it.

We try and get meat that is low in fat. 

1 comment:

  1. My mum always used to add oatmeal or some kind of cereal to her meatballs and burgers...I had forgotten that she did that so thanks for reminding me! Great tip!

    Thanks for taking my button too!

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete