Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Southwestern Burger

I made a great burger this last weekend!

In a mixing bowl dump in one pound of ground beef or ground turkey.

I used my mini food chopper to finely chop 1/2 cup oat meal. Dump it into the mixing bowl. Open a can of black beans, rinse them, and add 1/2 the beans to the mini food chopper. Chop them up roughly. Add the beans to the mixing bowl.

Cut up 1/4 cup cilantro. I got a batch of cilantro from the store, and just cut up 1/2 of it (that was 1/4 cup). Dice 1/2 a Roma tomato, 1/3 cup white onion, 1/3 cup bell pepper (any color). Add them all to the mixing bowl.


Sprinkle feta cheese in the mixing bowl. I start to mix everything at this point. I add enough feta until I can see it in the mix.


Add in an egg. This will help hold your burger together.

Start forming them in patties. Broil or cook on the grill.


Optional, slice avocado to put on your burger. It has so much flavor that no additional sauces or cheese is necessary. I used wheat buns.


I used the remainder black beans on a salad for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment