Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

We grow pumpkins, so I used a pumpkin from our backyard. I cooked it, and ground it up with a mini food processor. You can use canned pumpkin.

I also peeled, sliced and ground up apple in a mini food processor. I didn't worry about cooking it because I knew it would cook when the bread cooked. You can use apple sauce like the recipe states.

I mixed everything in my mixer. If you do not have a mixer a good rule of thumb is to mix all the wet ingredients together. Mix the dry ingredients together. Slowly add the wet into the dry.

Use two bread pans. Spray the bottoms with Pam's Olive Spray. Sprinkle with flour.

Cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a tooth pick can be inserted in the thickest part of the bread, and comes out clean.

*I'm not too keen on the sugar. I'm trying to figure out how to reduce sugar. It's hard when it's in most every recipe I looked up for pumpkins. One good thing is that you do not eat the amount above in one setting.  There is no butter, which is good!

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm!! This sounds so good! I am going to have to try it! I love that there is no butter, or egg yolks.

    I will have to check out your exercise posts too. From the recipes I have seen, looks like I will need the exercises too! (as if I didn't already....lol)

    PS. I arrived here for the Fun Follow Friday linky. I am your newest follower!

    http://lusravesandrants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! That recipe looks yum! I <3 pumpkin!

    We are your newest follower hopping over, hope you will follow us back to our site at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

    If you are interested, we are also having a Saturday blog/Facebook & Twitter hop, the link sign up starts at 8 tonight if your interested =)
    Hope you will join us!

    Dawn @ www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete