Monday, September 27, 2010

Fiber Plus Cereal? Nope Homemade Cereal


I made the boy's and I some cereal this morning.
They love it! ;)

This served my two boys (ages 5 and 2) and myself.

  1. Plain oatmeal (one serving). I made it on the stove. I sprinkled flaxseed in with the oatmeal. To cook oatmeal you pour in one cup of water. Bring it to a boil. Add in 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Stir while on the heat for five minutes. Make sure it doesn't boil over. Stir every once in awhile. Take off the heat, and let it set for 2 minutes.
  2. Divide. It doesn't look like much, but once you add the other things it will be a full meal.
  3. Added berries. The first time I made this I added blueberries and strawberries. The second time I made this I added just blueberries. You can use frozen fruit. Costco sells berries year round.
  4. Add in plain yogurt.
  5. Sprinkled granola on the top. It's just a sprinkle, so I don't use a lot of this. I'm trying to use up my store bought granola. Once I do this, I'm going to make my own. I will be putting up a new recipe for that. When it happens.
It is done. Very good, very healthy!

Now for the funny part:

My 5 year old son, Mica sits down and says, "Yes! I love Fiber Plus Blueberry Cereal!"
I explained how I made the cereal, and that it isn't Fiber Plus.
Too cute! I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment