Thursday, August 16, 2012

Keeping Things Clean

Believe it or not, I've been talking with my college students about keeping things clean. They have to create a project that is all out of white paper and materials. It's a relief, meaning it pops out of a flat surface. They are graded on their craft. Their work gets down graded if there is jagged cuts, glue marks and finger prints on it.

I mentioned things like: 
  • Have a damp cloth at your desk
  • Tie your long hair back
  • Wash your hands
Well I was walking around the room and guess what? A girl was working on the project. Her hands were black. I was thinking, Hummm did she miss all of my lecture? I get annoyed when they don't listen at this age. Part of me wants to say something. Another part of me wants it to show up in her grade. It's common  sense and also unsanitary.

Jolly Mom is giving away a $100 Walgreens Gift Card in order to help with healthy hygiene and kids going back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment