Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweet Potato Soup

I love the taste of this soup!


Combine over medium heat:
  • Coconut Oil
  • 1 medium to large chopped onion
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
Sauté for 1 minute.

Add:
  • 2 uncooked and chopped sweet potatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • 6 cups chicken broth
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Roughly 30 minutes.


Puree: 
  • Take 1/2 the soup and blend in a blender. Start out slow!  
  • Dump the soup in another container. Blend the rest of the soup. Pour the rest of the soup in the same container as the first batch.
Stir in:
Stir until they melt. Serve hot.


It is so good!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I just bought sweet potatoes today. This soup looks so good. I just finished my Acorn squash soup so I need to make something so I can have quick meals (for me, hubs won't touch it) next week.

    ReplyDelete